stuck with driver development

hi..
             I've been trying to learn writing device drivers in linux.. I read bunch of books including ldd3 (cover to cover), other OS books, bunch of net-articles, some network device driver codes etc. I asked for help earlier in this group for some sample manufacturer's specification so that I can compare associated driver code in linux source with its specification.. somebody helped too (provided spec. for Realtek 8139c+) and I could understand most part of the code also.. now I want to write a driver (preferably network device driver) on my own.. where do i start ? is there any open source project developing device drivers going on where I can join and contribute ? please help..

/tejas