need help regarding linux kernel programming

Hi All,

I am very much new to kernel programming. I don't have any industry experience regarding same. I am amateur fun of linux programming.
I want to step up on kernel programming. I found lot of legends of kernel programming in this mailing-list. Can any body point me as well guide
me for linux kernel programming.

I want to know following-
1) Which document or book shall i follow of basic kernel architecture.
2) How to setup my own dev box.
3) Should I take the older kernel first then proceed to latest one. Or directly jump to latest one
     with bookies knowledge of basic kernel programming.
4) What all debugging tools shall I need to use as traditional approach.
4) Which link or document should I follow linearly to grow up in kernel programming.

I am very very thankful to all of you who are helping me and who are active member of this mailing-list.

-DD