Re: RTC programming

On 6/13/07, Megha Sood <megha.sood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Hi,

  I have to write a driver for RTC. We are using i.MX21 processor[MC9328MX21RM.pdf] in this project.
  I have never written a driver before. So can you please help me in this by telling
  how should i write a driver code for RTC for this processor.
  Looking for an early reply.

  If this is your first project on kernel/device driver, better you read
  Linux Device driver and other kernel programming books and start with
  some examples (kernel and device driver) show in that books.

  Forget specific to RTC driver, first you have to understand device
  driver architecture in linux kernel.

  LDD3, http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/ .
  Articles
  http://www.freeos.com/articles/2677/
  http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/drivers_linux

 There are lots of good articles to start on kernel and device driver, google and get it.

  Regards,
  Megha.

--
Thanks & Regards