Watchdog Querry!!

Hi,
Please find the attached document.
I am working on linux and this attacment contains the code.
In this code i want to add a timer 0f 55s which shud be called when
Operating System starts booting up and put a call bak function which
shud consists of a watchdog reset call and also to reinitialize the
timer.

As soon as Os boot up finishes and application launches, control shud
be handed over to application thru some ioctl where the previous timer
shud b deleted and now application shud call a timer.

Can anyone give me a modified code with these requirements. Please
reply back on the same id