Re: Whitespace at end of lines in kernel source, et cetera

> But the last issue (characters that are not UTF-8) should be fixed.

Well, I started to try to make patches, but I ran into a problem with
UTF-8 support. Most of my system seems to use the "real" form of UTF-8,
meaning it's using combining sequences instead of precomposed characters.
But the UTF-8 docs I can find say that for the WWW, Linux, and POSIX
systems, precomposed characters are preferred. However, my xterm and VIm
seem to be incapable of rendering precomposed characters correctly but
work fine with the combining sequences.

What's the appropriate normalization form of UTF-8 to use for kernel
source?