libata

Hi everyone,

Has anyone played around with the libata module before?  I have a SATA drive hooked to a Silicon Image 3124 card and I can access the drive through the normal shell commands.  I can fdisk, mkfs, mount and write/read the drive.  So I know that all the pieces are in place from an electrical and OS/driver standpoint.

Now I'm trying to write a program to send commands to the disk using the libata driver that is already installed and running.  Does anyone know what function within libata.h or libata-core.c to use to probe the driver and find out what devices are registerred with it?  I've tried a couple but I keep crashing my system.

Thanks!
-Russell