wireless NIC drivers

Hello,

I've read LDD3 chapter dedicated to network devices drivers, but wonder now are there any specifics in developing drivers for wireless NICs? Are there any articles, materials out there describing fine points, distintions etc. anything to pay attention to?

So far, the only difference I noticed is that most wireless cards vendors supply binary firmware, which is loaded/run by driver (or just few vendors use this technique?)

I'd appreciate any help and advices. Thanks.

--
Roman Mashak