Latency of indirect block mapping in EXT3?

Hello,

You know that it is needed to read extra blocks for
each 1024 blocks in indirect block mapping. People say
it is inefficient.

But, I think it's not that big overload because
one more block for 1024 blocks is not that many number.

Do you have ever seen some experimentals or documents
talking about the latency of indirect block mapping?

Any comments will be very helpful. Thank you!

--
Seongsu's blog - http://www.senux.com/
"Even more amazing was the realization that God has