* Title: "Conceptual Architecture of the Linux Kernel"
Author: Ivan T. Bowman.

*Title: "Concrete Architecture of the Linux Kernel"
Author: Ivan T. Bowman, Saheem Siddiqi, and Meyer C. Tanuan.

i personally feel that as a newbies we should be least  bothered
with the current developments in the kernel

First get the basics right from the stable documentation which
is there ..the implementation specific details can be overlooked

then the latest changes which are there  can be looked at
& best understood

and as they say you have to be in it to win it
if we keep yourself updated with the latest news
keep in sync with the mailing lists
this will act as a filler for some things which we miss out/or
don't understand while reading the books

--
Milind Arun Choudhary