Re: [QUESTION] About dma_free_noncoherent

On 2/28/07, Sandeep Sanjay Patil <sandy.395@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well,

I was trying to move an s3c24xx port from 2.6.19 to the latest linus
tree, I got all the changes right, but there's a linker error at the end
of the build thts bugging me.

 Can someone please tell me, why the "dma_free_noncoherent" symbol
remains undefined?? Its called from TOPDIR/drivers/base/dma-mapping.c

 Is the architecture code supposed to define that now? I found MIPS has
defined it. I have also searched through the LKML archives, couldnt find
anything significant. I will do a git-commit search again, but meanwhile
if someone can tell me what its about, could be of great help.

cheers,
sandeep

Look for 'iomap: make PCI iomap stuff excluded when PCI isn't
configured' in http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0702.1/1024.html.
I think if you look at the entire thread, you will find relevant stuff
about "dma_free_noncoherent". There are couple of patches too
regarding the same.

Let me know whether this is relevant.
--

Regards,