Help.. in tcp kernel sockets

Hi all,

I am new to kernel programming.

I need to write a kernel socket (TCP)module which listens to incoming requests (and also reply back).  I downloaded the code from:

http://kernelnewbies.org/Simple_UDP_Server

and made changes
1) SOCK_DGRAM -> SOCK_STREAM and
2) IPPROTO_UDB -> IPPROTO_TCP

I run make on this file and obtain the .ko file.  When i insmod the .ko file and observe the output of dmesg, i get a error message:

Error getting stream , sock_recvmsg error = -107

Can someone please let me know what could be the error?? Should i add more code or what changes do i need to make?

Also, i need the kernel API's for TCP sockets. Is it the same as user space API's?

Request anyone to please suggest the remedy.

Thanks in advance,

Ravi.

It's here! Your new message!