Re: Linux support for OMAP 850 from TI

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 02:44:58PM +0530, Pharaoh . wrote:
> I dont know whether this is the proper place for this question, but I saw
> similar topics flying around in last few posts. In case this is OT, any
> pointers regarding the relevant forums will be great help.

The correct list would be the linux-arm-kernel mailing list (which
requires subscription).

> Here is the problem:
>
> Full Linux support is available for OMAP 730 processor from TI, OMAP 850 is
> an improved processor with some new, some enhanced and some dropped
> features. Has Linux been ported for OMAP 850? After studying both the
> processors, I have understood the difference and I nearly know what needs to
> be done for supporting OMAP850, not very clear though. Has anyone done this
> before?
>
> I know of Open source contribution from a company for supporting OMAP 850
> but I couldn't find the related code in 2.6.19 (company claims that it is
> should be there in 2.6.19).

There is a large patch for Omap support. I don't know if it contains
support for the 850, though. Problem is that the patch is too large to
be reviewed and that it needs to be broken up into small logical
patches to be reviewed and merged.

Erik

--
They're all fools. Don't worry. Darwin may be slow, but he'll
eventually get them. -- Matthew Lammers in alt.sysadmin.recovery