Re: How to get PCI slot information from ACPI

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 11:22:58AM +0530, dhanya wrote:
> [...]

What do you want to _do_ with that slot information?  And what if the
machine does not use ACPI tables to control PCI slots (which is quite a
large majority of PCI hotplug systems out there today)?

> After going through the ACPI specs what I found is, this _SUN object will be
> present in DSDT tables for each device.
>
> But when I went and see the ACPI tables in /proc/acpi/dsdt I haven't find
> any _SUN present in that.
> So I want what is that mean if _SUN entry is not present in it?
> When this _SUN object will be present in DSDT?
> Or
> Is there any thing wrong in my Assumption that _SUN will be present in DSDT?
> Or
> Is my ACPI BIOS don't have _SUN method implemented, that's why it is not
> displaying in DSDT tables?

Try asking these ACPI specific type questions on a ACPI mailing list,
they will be able to help you out better.

Also, why do you think that your machine will really have those entries?
Does it support PCI Hotplug?  If not, I really doubt that they will be
present at all.

thanks,

greg k-h