RE: How to get PCI slot information from ACPI

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg KH [mailto:greg@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 11:29 AM
To: dhanya
Cc: 'kernelnewbies'
Subject: Re: How to get PCI slot information from ACPI

>What do you want to _do_ with that slot information?  And what if the
>machine does not use ACPI tables to control PCI slots (which is quite a
>large majority of PCI hotplug systems out there today)?

I am working in a 'Server Diagnostics Project'. The requirement is to
provide PCI SLOT information through ACPI _SUN object. Previously we were
retrieving the information from IRQ Routing Tables (from PCI BIOS). In some
servers the IRQ Routing tables are not supported. So, now we want to
retrieve the slot information from ACPI _SUN object.

>Try asking these ACPI specific type questions on a ACPI mailing list,
>they will be able to help you out better.

I will post the query in ACPI mailing list. Thank you:-)

>Also, why do you think that your machine will really have those entries?
>Does it support PCI Hotplug?  If not, I really doubt that they will be
>present at all.

I will check in hot pluggable machines. Thanks for your info.

Thanks,
Dhanya