Re: How to get PCI slot information from ACPI

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 07:57:18PM +0530, dhanya wrote:

> [...]

Are you sure that your machine's ACPI tables really have those objects
in it?

> Do you have any idea, in which conditions this _SUN object entry will be
> present in ACPI DSDT tables?

What does the ACPI spec say about the requirement of these objects?

> Or
> Is there any issue with ACPI BIOS of my machine if _SUN object is not
> present in DSDT table?

Depends, do you have a ACPI controlled pci hotplug controller on your
machine?  If not, then no, I would not expect those entries to be there,
would you?

> Or
> Will _SUN object be present in only PCI Hot pluggable machines?

Try reading the ACPI spec about this :)

And again, why do you need these objects?  What use can userspace have
for them?  What are you trying to accomplish here?

If you are only looking for these objects to detect if you have a pci
hotplugable machine, that is incorrect and you should be asking the
kernel for something else...

thanks,

greg k-h