Re: "No reboot fixup found for your hardware"

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, ma Jackie wrote:

I met a problem on rebooting the system with kernel compiled by my self according to "How To Compile A Kernel - The Ubuntu Way"(howtoforge.com/kernel_compilation_ubuntu) ,also named as ubuntu standard way.I found that whenever I reboot the system,it would break down at point where it displayed "rebooting ..." and then stop.So I had to turn off the

All I can say is that whenever you try out a new kernel, keep the old one around so you can boot it if the new one fails. Most boot loaders have the option of choosing different boot images at boot time under manual control.

/Ricard