"No reboot fixup found for your hardware"

Hi,folks

I met a problem on rebooting the system with kernel compiled by my self according to "How To Compile A Kernel - The Ubuntu Way"(howtoforge.com/kernel_compilation_ubuntu) ,also named as ubuntu standard way.I found that whenever I reboot the system,it would break down at point where it displayed "rebooting ..." and then stop.So I had to turn off the power although it shutdown gracefully.If I logined in form of "recovery mode" and rebooted it ,it would break down at the same point and displayed "No reboot fixup found for your hardware". I searched this problem via google.someone saied that the source of problem might be located at "the file arch/i386/kernel/reboot_fixups.c:30 ".Yeah,there I find a table with only one entry.

static struct device_fixup fixup_table[]={
{PCI_VENDOR_ID_CYRIX, PCI_VENDOR_ID_CYRIX_5530_LEGACY, cs5530a_warm_reset },
};

Folllowing that is match_reboot_fixup function.

Does PCI_VENDOR_ID_CYRIX, PCI_VENDOR_ID_CYRIX_5530_LEGACY not match my laptop?What should I do to resolve this problem?

And more, someone told me to try to compile without the CONFIG_X86_REBOOTFIXUPS set.You see I commented the optioin CONFIG_X86_REBOOTFIXUPS,but I failed to reboot it.However,when I rebooted it after logined as the "recovery mode",it didn't display "No reboot fixup found for your hardware" any more.But it stop ed at the "shutting down for system reboot" although the curso was active.:(

My laptop is compaq nx6120.

Any suggestion or information is greately appreciated.

与联机的朋友进行交流,请使用 MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com/cn