Re: Flow Control when forcing Speed and Duplex

kewlemer wrote:
> I was looking at an Intel 8254x driver and noticed that when Speed and
> Duplex are forced, Flow Control is turned off.
>
> Can anyone tell me why ?

repeating your Q verbatim isnt exactly a way to invite further comments.
note that N *0 == 0.   Instead you could have:

FYI, after the first time I posted my question, I got a majordomo
message saying that my mail bounced because it was in HTML format; but
the fact is it was in text format as always. I gave it a couple of
hours and then resent the mail to see both being posted.

demonstrated that you looked in another driver to see if it was
different / same.
then maybe you could impart some info that makes others think:
Yes, I should have done my home work better. Sorry. I again looked at
many other Intel chips today and saw that all of them use the same
code. More details :-

1. All the 8254x (Gigabit Ethernet Controller) drivers here:-
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&Inst=Yes&ProductID=983&DwnldID=9180&strOSs=39&OSFullName=Linux*&lang=eng
use the same driver.

2.  Please refer the function  e1000_phy_force_speed_duplex() here to
see what I am referring to :-
http://gsu.linux.org.tr/~mpekmezci/kernelapi/unitedlinux/drivers/net/e1000/e1000_hw.c.html
The first comment in this function is what I am referring to.

Thanks,
Thanks,