Re: cannot mount rootfs !!

Hi,

> > not syncing "VFS: unable to mount rootfs on unknown  block (0,0).
> >
> > I had the same with block (3,5). The problem was not to compile SATA as
> > I'am not having SATA.
>

> i also have dropped SATA support from my kernel so this must  not be the
> prob.

had the same with SATA support. After deselect it was working!

> You !!__SHOULD__NEVER__!! use a kernel with modules as it allow's attacker's
> > install rootkit's, while loading a prepared kernel module from the
> > outside with less evidence that this is a criminalized host.

I ever used a monolithic vanilla kernel but my sound under debian was
not working. It's only working in the case I build in the kernel alsa
and soundcore as module.

At the moment I'am not having users on my Client in the LAN so as I
understand to load a rootkit under proc an attacker needs root access
to execute insmod to load a rootkit.

I'am firewalled and using stable debian and I'am not able to use sound
only in the case I have a modularized kernel with module support.

Can I expect in the case some gains access over the IRC port as I'am
using IRC over the IRC server to execute a root exploit he's able to
install a rootkit?

Sorry for this question!

--
Freedom for Tibet!