Re: [ANNOUNCE] Linux Device Driver Kit available

thanks,

yes, it is a good start.....

i downloaded this cd image and had look in to that.

usually, kit means build environment,some tools, then this type of study materials will be there.

but in this kit kernel source and LDD3 book is available.

no one suggesting about build environment and tools to debug. it will be helpfull for begineers as well as everyone who are developing drivers.

so i have a lot of time and patience to contribute.

but i am not an expert, an average linux user.
like me, some body may be interested to contribute also.

if any one of the expert from this group can guide us???...

just fix the target and tell me the steps to do that.... i will.....
and most of the members of this group members will do that.

Hope,it will be useful..

thanks

Ashok

On 5/25/06, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 11:03:33AM +0200, tyler@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Some suggestions :
>       * It may be a good idea to build a lxr repo of the linux kernel source on
>         the cdrom.

Good idea, I'll add it to the list.

>       * You said you have included the ldd 3rd versions : it would be
>         cool to also include the examples, rewritten for the 2.6.16.19
>         kernel (if some changes are needed and if someone takes the
>         time to do this job :))

Heh, that would be a lot of work, as lots of parts of LDD3 would also
need to be rewritten.  And I do not have the time to do that right
now...

>       * Putting the kernelnewbies wiki is a very good idead

Due to the way it's in a wiki, this is being a little harder than
originally expected...

> I have a lot of good docs in my mind, but I guess the 'linux VM
> implementation' (for example) by Mel Gorman won't have his place on
> the cdrom, will he

Hm, that is a bit out of scope, sorry.  But as I do have a lot of room,
I'll consider it.

thanks,

greg k-h

Archive:       http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/