pt_regs structure for sys_clone()

Hi all.
Does anyone know how to get all the information a pt_regs structure (as
parameter for the sys_clone() system call) must contain? I know that
this structure contains the state of the user space processes just
before doing the system call, but how to fill it within kernel mode? I
suppose there exists a function or a macro that returns such a struct
for the current process, but all my efforts searching for something like
that were without success so far. Calling sys_clone() from within the
kernel mode makes this neccessary I think.

In addition I'm interested in something like a specification for linux
system calls in general. For example how should I know how sys_clone
expects the child stack to be set up and so on. Is there such a
document? After all the glibc developer suceeded implementing all this,
so how did they know how to do it? :)

Thank you all in advance.

Regards,
E.X.