Re: Need for tutorials

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, taha hafeez wrote:

> I feel (may be i am wrong!!!) that there is a need for tutorials to help
> build the basis for the newbies so that they are competent enough to
> understand the mailing list....

I like this idea, but am not sure in what form such tutorials
could be.  I am familiar with the tutorials given at conferences,
in which an audience gets taught how to write a device driver,
debug the kernel, etc..

Linux also has "skeleton" device drivers, which provide a
framework for writing new drivers.

Since these kinds of tutorials and guidelines need a kernel
source tree and a compiler to work, I'm not sure how they could
possibly done as online tutorials...

What kind of tutorial did you have in mind ?