Re: difference between RTOS and LInux os

On 4/12/06, sughosh <urwithsughosh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi ashok ,

> 2. RTOS allows to add the required components, hence the foot print of
> the image can be reduced depending on the memory available. This is
> not possible in normal OS.

Why is it not possible in the normal OS kernel.by configuring the kernel
to suit our needs we can reduce the image size irrespective of where the
kernel is used.This is not a point of difference between the RTOS and
the normal kernel according to me.CMIIW.
sughosh

hello sughosh,

that is question? or doubt?..., whatever....., me also don't know , in the following i found that sentence...... i am asking clear idea..... if u can u go thru this link, and clear my doubt....

http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_RTOS_and_OS

or if u have any other idea abt other difference, tell us

thanx
Ashok