Re: difference between RTOS and LInux os

Hi Ashok

On 4/10/06, Ashok kumar <ashokmudalister@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ya, u have asked nice questions? i will try to answer for that.............
other than determinism property(or sheduling property),some other difference is there,

for example, what i have studied from some websites:

1. VxWorks providing some hook functions to initialize h/w at time of booting,whether does anything like that?...., really i don't what is hook fn, because i haven't used Vxworks.

2. in Vxworks Kernel is scalable, in Linux we can compile the kernel as your need?... what is the difference between these two words?

3.some differentiating with Shared libraries also?.... i haven't clear idea?.....

4. still some thing....

I think the website you've found this information on isn't talking about RT features .. i cannot see how the previous points makes an OS an RTOS
Linux initializes hardware at boot time
Linux kernel is scalable
any OS differs to the others in formatting, loading, .. shared libraries
CMIIW
could you provide the link of this article please
thanks

MHD.Tayseer