Re: Attempting to kill init!

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 22:08:51 +0530, Manav Kataria wrote:

Ok this is what is happenning:

I have a multiboot setup on my pc. No matter what distro I use - the
linux kernel doesn't boot!
I have tried to clean my linux. format the partitions. delete the
partitions. Used Mandrake, SuSE, nothing is able to start the system at
all.
I've even tried with using Ubuntoo Live cds, and Knoppix cds, but no luck!

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

I guess RAM problem. Does windows boot?

yes, perfectly.
During a similar situation, windows was somehow booting but linux wouldn't.
Removing and inserting RAM again helped. There's apparently a bootable
CD which detects if RAM is the culprit.

Really! I had come accros a comment that said RAM might causes this problem but I din't suspect that as windows booted okay.

Thanks for the tip. I'll reinstall the RAM and get back to you.

Manav