Re: CASE/design tools used through linux development

Hi Greg, Tayseer....

> It's evolutionary design, not formal design.  And it works.  Really
> well.  I'm sure you can agree.

Maybe this is what people call "Extreme Programming"? ;)

BTW, something like graphviz, lxr, doxygen, ctags/cscope are really
helpful to understand Linux kernel internal. Codes speak for
themselves, yes I moderately agree, but without proper formal
documentation and/or UML/DFD/whatever....newcomer will find it hard to
understand how Linux kernel. OTOH, I also realize that OS development
is a complex stuff. It can be compared to the complexity of game
development (in user space) IMHO.

Last, books ( i mean good books) are always needed. Greg, I owe you one
for writing LDD3 together with Mr Corbet and Mr Rubini. Any plan for
LDD4? ;)

regards

Mulyadi