Re: How to disable the CPU cache?

Hi Yang,

Hi Manav: I cannot find such an option in my kernel configuration,
which version of Linux are you currently using?
My Bad, sorry. I am using uClinux here and it has an option as I had replied in my earlier post.
Unfortunately I see now, that Linux on does not have it.
For configuration of the kernel, some architectures like ARM supports
NO-CACHE when loading, but for i386 I cannot find any:(
Though when I traced the roots of that option I end up in a few files.. but when I searched for this in my linux source I could alternatives for ARM, MIPS and other processors but I could not find an i386 alternative.

I did find something useful though. While looking at "include/asm-i386/cache.h" how about tweaking options like L1_CACHE_BYTES etc.
I am looking into it.

In the meanwhile let us know if you can find some alternative.I am sure Linux, would have an option to support it. :-)

Manav

Yang Huang wrote:
Hi Vamsi: I am also a newbie:) IMHO rdmsr and wrmsr would be able to
access the MSR, or, am I making a stupid mistake here?

Hi Manav: I cannot find such an option in my kernel configuration,
which version of Linux are you currently using?

Thank you very much for the rapid reply!

Regards,

Yang