Re: How to disable the CPU cache?

> I'm not an expert myself w.r.t MSRs but of what I know, you can access the
> MSRs through /dev/cpu/x/msr

Thanks a lot for the info. The problem I found is I can modify some
bits of the MSR, other than those that will disable the caches,
without any problem. After writing to the register, I can also read
back and see what I have changed.

However, as soon as I change the bits trying to disable CPU caches,
the machine either reboot or hangs immediately. Then I guess maybe
Linux does not allow to do this?

I also google for a while but cannot find similar problems. For
configuration of the kernel, some architectures like ARM supports
NO-CACHE when loading, but for i386 I cannot find any:(

Yang