From: kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:kernelnewbies-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Yang Huang
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 5:39 PM
To: kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: How to disable the CPU cache?

Hi list,

In one of my measurements I would like to disable both L1 and L2 cache
of the processor, which is VIA Eden ESP 6000. According to its
datasheet, I modified corresponding bits in the MSR, Machine Specified
Register, in order to disable CPU caching, but failed. The machine
reboots as soon as I write to the MSR! Then how can I disable the CPU
caching?

I am playing with Linux 2.6.10, applications are compiled with uClibc
3.3.5

Thank you in advanced for any hints or suggestions!

with kind regards,

Yang