Doubt regarding memory usage

Hi all,

Suppose that i am having a module mymod.o of 10MB size.
My doubt is -

1) can i delete the file mymod.o after loading the module i.e after
insmod mymod.o (Actually i deleted it and used the module by my user
process without any problem.. but not sure whether it is right to do so)

2) I see that the /proc/meminfo details the increase in used memory by
~10MB (almost the same size as of the mymod.o file )after loading the
module.

With this observation, can i assume that the kernel has made a copy of
the mymod.o and hence will not refer the deleted file later. I am aware
of demand paging concept in kernel but have no idea whether it will play
a role in loadable modules.

Can any one plz explain this with respect to executables & loadable
modules.(If it is different for both cases)

Also Plz refer some literature or links for memory usage

Thanks in advance
Sri