Re: External Modules: undefined symbol problem

On 1/26/06, Lukas Ruf <ruf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Arjan van de Ven <arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2006-01-26 15:33]:
> >
> > On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 14:40 +0100, Lukas Ruf wrote:
> > >
> > > in a project, I have to make use of multiple modules that depend
> > > on each other.  Building works as far as dependencies are
> > > concerned for run-time, it specifying 'modprobe module_one' makes
> > > the required modules load.
> >
> > this is currently not too well supported by linux.
> >

> well, but it works.

> > > correct way, I do not like the Warning: message.

Hi Lukas,

I am not able to understand if you are getting the module loaded
properly, why this warning. This is shown when insmod is not able to
resolve the symbols across the module.

> > what does depmod give after you've installed the modules?
>
> neither an error nor a warning message.

Can you let us now, what dependencies are calculated by depmod
utility. You can come to know by looking at /lib/module/<kernel
version>/modules.dep

-Gaurav