From: Adil Mujeeb [mailto:mujeeb.adil@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 2:11 PM
To: Jitesh Shah
Cc: kernelnewbies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Sock_recvmsg() blocks and is not killable

On 1/27/06, Jitesh Shah <jitesh.shah@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Adil,

Thanks for your response. The problem is not what you might be thinking. The problem is that the recv function is itself blocked till a valid packet is received. The recv function doesnt exit until a valid packet is received. The condition when a packet of size less than equal zero byte is received simply doesnt occur.

I dunno if it helps to add that I am using linux kernel 2.4.19.

Regards

Could You please tell me how you are trying to kill this thread?

Rgds,
Adil