Re: Device Driver testing - Please CC the reply to my email address

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

A: No.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 03:52:03PM -0800, Arun Srinivasan wrote:
> Some drivers are being currently developed and sources will be handed out
> for testing some time soon.

Publicly availble?  For what kernel version?

> So the thing I need is what are the issues I need to look into when I test a
> driver? How do I go abt it? For example,  assume you have a serial port
> driver written for linux what would be the test cases?

For it to drive the serial port properly through all different types of
loads and usages.

Come on, if you wrote a driver, you know how to test it to see if it
works properly.  If the people giving you this driver do not also
provide this information, how are you supposed to do your job?  (well,
becides by asking some random mailing list for help...)

good luck,

greg k-h