Re: newbie---Regarding to write the device drivers for Full Duplex Ethernet Card in RT Linux

Hi,
 On 12/29/05, hari krishna <kernel2006hari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi all kernel lovers ,
>              this is hari . i am new to write device drivers for hardware
> device.
>

> i have to write the device drivers for Full Duplex Ethernet card in RT Linux
> .
> what are the API s that i have to use in RT Linux for this Full Duplex
> Ethernet card .
> what are the parameters that we have to consider to write the drivers for
> ethernet card.
> is there any free code available for full duplex ethernet card in RT Linux?
> what are the parameteres that i have to take   in init module , ioctl ,read,
> write and others
> how to access the ports in driver programming
> how to create the structure for ethernet frame in C language
> how to write the code for sending and receiving the ethernet packet in full
> duplex way?

        Read 17th chapter from LDD3 book that covers writing a network
drivers along with what structures are required to write a network
card driver. you dont need to create ethernet frame structre its
already in /usr/src/linux/include/linux/if_ether.h file
       also you can check http://linuxgazette.net/issue93/bhaskaran.html.

Regards,
Parag.