Interrupts & IDT on i386

Hi all,

           I have a doubt with w.r.t interrupts and the IDT (Interrupt
Descriptor Table) on an i386. Volume 3 of Intel's IA-32 Intel(r)
Architecture Software Developer's Manual (System Programming Guide)
says that - Interrupt Vector Numbers 0-31 are Intel reserved, so do
not use.

          However, on my linux machine, when I did an "cat
/proc/interrupts", the Interrupt field has values like - 0 for Timer,
7 for parport0, 8 for RTC etc. How can this be possible? Does the
IDT's number vector points to the Exception handler (as per intel's
doc) or to the Hardware's Interrupt handler?

         Am I missing something here?

Regards,
Bhanu.

--
The difference between Theory and Practice is more so in Practice than
in Theory.