__bread freezes for physical device.

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble in using the block cache apis at the driver level. I am writing a new radix tree target for LVM and for that I need to cache metadata blocks at the LVM layer. For these purposes I am using the __bread() function. The problem is that it works perfectly with loopback devices but the moment I try to use __bread() on an actual physical device, the whole machine freezes. Has anyone had this trouble before. I would really appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks

Abhishek