building a new e1000 module...

Hi Guys.

I’m building a 2.6 linux kernel.  I found out that the 2.6.10 kernel that I am using, uses an old e1000 driver.  So I downloaded the latest and read the README.  It stated that I need to build this as a module.  No problem I thought..

I ran make xconfig and selected to make the ethernet driver as a module.

Save and go.

Then I typed “make CROSS_COMPILE=…. bzImage” and it makes the kernel.

Then I typed “make modules”

at this point I noticed that it doesn’t make my e1000 module (even though I have the source code in the right place) drivers/net/e1000

Any ideas on how I can get this to build as a module??

Thanks in advance.

Steve Iribarne
Sr. Software Engineer
Dilithium Networks, Inc.

TEL:   +1 707 792-3920
FAX:  +1 707 7953744

stv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.dilithiumnetworks.com

Communications for a Borderless World

This electronic message contains information from Dilithium Networks, Inc. which may be privileged or confidential.

The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended

recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.

If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address

above) immediately.