Re: The need of swap partition while installing linux

On 03/10/05, Libin Varghese <libinv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>    My question is why do we need the swap partition?
>
> I seem to be asking the wrong group, I will really appreciate if anyone
> could give me the mail id for the linux setup mailing list.

as Libin said you don't need one. but modern(!) linux distros' install
system uses a lot of grafics lately (first of all they use x window
and some kind of install program that uses x to show grafics). but if
you slackware you don't really need one. but having one speeds up the
process.
> --

Ozan