Re: permissions in sysfs

On 9/23/05, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do what?  Have userspace change the permissions and have them stick?
> Yes, that will work.
>
> Or have the kernel change the permissions later on?  Yes, we have a
> function for that, sysfs_chmod_file().
>
> > Is there any other security feature provided by sysfs ?
>
> What else do you want?
>
> > Am I wrong implementing security sensible calls through sysfs ?
>
> I don't understand what you mean by this.

I think Surrel wants to ask that implementing secutiry related
stuffs/system-calls for user and kernel/driver interaction is good to
implement through sysfs or have to use some other way ???

If my interpretation is right then SysFS as Greg mentioned about the
security which can be get using SysFS ......

--
Fawad Lateef