Re: Job interview questions for a Linux Kernel/Device driver engineer.

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Kernel Newbie wrote:

> I am sorry, perhaps this is not the best of places to discuss this as
> my query is not directly related to a core kernel functionality.

Your next questions should be on-topic, because ...

> I need to know if any one of you would want to recruit an
> entry-level/1+yr exp kernel programmer (with emphasis on device driver
> engineering) what are the areas you'd stress the most while asking
> questions.

I'd hire someone who is a regular contributor to the Linux
kernel (or other related open source projects) already.

There are enough opportunities for people to become a kernel
hacker in their spare time that there is no need for any
Linux company out there to hire people without experience.

If you want to get a job as a Linux kernel hacker, you should
start on kernel development - once you've been active for a
while and people know your name from the linux-kernel mailing
list you'll be able to find a job quite easily.