UML support in 2.6

I am experimenting with ext3 and thought I will try it using UML. This
incomplete thread talks about UML support as being already there in
the 2.6 kernel:-

http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49586&highlight=UML

Is it true that UML support is already the in 2.6?

The official UML homepage
[http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/dl-sf.html], seems outdated
with mostly discussions about 2.4 kernel and gives the impression that
it is buggy. So I want to know if any of you folks have successfully
used UML on 2.6.10?

Can anyone suggest an better alternative to using UML for testing my
changes to ext3 on 2.6?

Thanks!
HC