regarding ethernet drivers

dear kernel brothers,
i am asking one doubt regarding N/W DEVICE DRIVERERS in this mail.
   my program is

                                   #define MODULE
		#include <linux/module.h>
		#include <linux/kernel.h>
		#include <linux/socket.h>
		#include <linux/skbuff.h>
                                #include <linux/netdevice.h>

		int init_module(void)
			{
				printk("<1>hello world");
				return 0;
			{
		void cleanup_module(void)
			{
				printk("<1>good bye cruel world");
			}
		int netif_rx(struct sk_buff *skb)
			{
			printk("i am using and testing of dev.c");
				return NET_RX_DROP;
			}

      ACTUALLY, I need to use netif_rx to print out the ethernet frame
format.but after compiling this program, i am getting only the output
of helloworld for inserting the module and goodbye cruel world while
removing the module .
       but i am not getting "i am using and testing of dev.c
           actully, i need ouput is
                "print ethernet frame format in bytes"
i compiled the program by using cc -I /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8/include
-Wall -c filename.c  does there anywrong in this  complation
procedure...

 so please help me and thanks in advance....

   atcual project : i i have to write drivers in RTLINUX for  ETHERNET CARD".

 step1: print the ethernet frame format by using netof_rx or any other
which are relateds to n/w drivers.thers is dev.c
which is in linux/core/net/dev.c .netif_rx using netif_rx. i have to
include <linux/socket.h>  , skbuff.h, netdevice.h   also for this.

     but i am getting segmentation fault sometimes
            so what is the wrong in my program ?i am not understanding.

   help me and thanks in advance..........