how to recover the kernel configuration in a running kernel without /usr/src

Hi all,

I have a running kernel without any thing in /usr/src, all that I have now are the folder /lib/modules/x.x.x and bzImage, initrd-xxx.img…, and System.map.

 I want to recompile the kernel to add only one module. Without .config file, it takes me several hours to go through all the options during configuring ‘make xconfig  however usually the one I get is not the same as the original, running one ( I am new in kernel). It causes potential problems when I run my existing applications (some modules )

The options in configuration come with : Y (built in) , M (module), N (not included).

I think it is hard to recover .config file with only a few lines of command but I can do that work ‘manually ‘ (with a pen and paper to jot down every option configured)

Any suggestion and thought will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.