The detail of a process being suspended

Dear All,

I try to use the signal to suspend/resume processes for a user-level
time-sharing scheduling code. I have some newbies questions and
appreciate some of you could help me out this. Thanks very much in
advance:

When a process is suspened manually by signal, what is it like other
than stoping execution? Is is stil in memory or swapped out? What is a
suspended process to the scheduler? Is is true that the scheduler will
never consider it before being assumed?

What is the difference between a suspended process with a sleeping
process(like calling sleep syscall), is a sleeping process in memory
or swapped?

Thanks very much for help this newbies questions.
Noah