Mutex and Sleeping Threads

Hi All,

I have a query regarding mutex and threads which are
sleeping for a mutex to get released by an owner
thread. Is that OS will always wake up that thread
which went into sleep state first and so on. Or any
thread can be start running.

Can we control the way in which these sleeping threads
gets wakeup ? I want to implement that the threads on
mutex gets awaken in a sequence in which they went for
a sleep.

Is it possible to do that ?

Please guide me over this.

Regards