Re: File Descriptor

Greg KH wrote:

You keep a pointer to your device local structure within the file

private pointer, right? Just mark that structure as "invalid" or
something, which will force userspace to do that wierd stuff when it
next tries to do something else.

e.g. one process can open my driver and get fd. Second process can open my driver and get another fd. Now if second process does a reset, than how do I get fd of first process, without maintaining list myself.

This is my original question.

Usman