sbull block driver

Hi,

I have modified the sbull block driver given in Linux Device Drivers
to use the simple request function to just printk CURRENT values.

http://www.xml.com/ldd/chapter/book/ch12.html

I am able to compile the same.  The documentation says:

"A block driver using the request function just shown will actually
work -- for a short while. It is possible to make a filesystem on the
device and access it for as long as the data remains in the system's
buffer cache"

I have created a device file using
#mknod /dev/sbull b 250 0
This group type is root. All other block drivers have group set to
disk. Should I change the same?

How would I go about creating a filesystem and mounting the same to
test the "request" function? I tried "mke2fs /dev/sbull". While doing
"mount /dev/sbull /mnt/sbull" I get:

FAT: bogus logical sector 0
VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev fa:00
mount: you must specify the filesystem type

Any suggestions as to how I can test the request function?

Thanks,

K Shakthi