kernel panic - not syncing: VFS

Hi All,

I have downloaded the linux kernel using bitkeeper and
compiled the kernel as a deb package. I installed the
package I built and everything it seems to be okay.

But when I boot the kernel on my laptop the following
message is printed:

kernel panic - not syncing: VFS - unable to mount root
fs on unknown block(0,0).

I have checked my grub file and it is okay. All the
setup is done by the deb package. The initrd.img is
also created by the deb package.

Does anyone know what is going on? Have i forgotten
anything else in the kernel configuration?

BR,

Mauricio Lin.

=====