Re: Data strcuture during insmode

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:39:24 +0530, Rakesh Jagota
<j.rakesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to what r the data structures created during mkernel module
> insertuion with insod command. Like file_struct, file, inode. I am not going
> to run any application to intercat with the module. How to see th data
> structures  created during insmod/mknod.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> rakesh

Insmod is a Program like any other program.
What it does is calls a system call to attach the code of Module to the kernel.

Your module is a file. So the insmod program opens the file.
So, obviously file struct, inode etc are created.
But destroyed when insmod exits.

As insmod is any other task. It has an entry in proc. You can read it
by its pid.

regards manish