Re: Sharing of major number

Hello,

Mr. Usman,
    I am talking of the kernel and device drivers here, there is no
need to tell me about fancy things distributions do for the comfort of
the end user. Thanks for the reply though.

Mr. Kiran,
    If you read my last message on this thread, you'll come to know
that I've already come to know what you just told me, now I am asking
about the interface between the GENERIC device driver (which holds the
major number) and the actual device drivers. Where are these
interfaces documented. Is there a name given to such generic drivers
or interfaces so i can search through goolge for them?